Progress made on my project for National Crochet Month, which I had posted about earlier.
I finished the first ball of Cascade Casablanca Reds, and am winding up the second hank. I think I’m going to call this my Reds Waves Cowl. I know, I know … another cowl. But it’s too wide (about 14 inches) and too short (about four feet) for a scarf.
I was lucky that I hit on the correct number of stitches, and the colour changes are aligning themselves up nicely 🙂 I say lucky, because I just started chaining, and when I liked the length, I stopped and started on the pattern. I was already imagining it as horizontal wave pattern, with a diagonal colour change, which I thought would look good. But this is good too.
Now I’m trying to decide if I should just continue the colour sequence, or start from the beginning of the row with whatever colour the new ball of yarn starts with …