The Reds Waves Cowl, which I had started for National Crochet Month, is finally done!
I finished the Reds Waves Cowl past midnight over the weekend. I couldn’t wait till the morning to take a photo, so I snapped one before I went to bed to see what and how it looked like. So this is what it looked like, hanging from my neck.
Here are better photos, taken in daylight. It’s a little long for a wrap-around the neck cowl, and not long enough to twist twice around the neck. The width is long enough to cover your head, if needed, and I think that was the basis for my continuing to crochet it in these measurements.
I was worrying a bit about the colour sequence when I had to start a new ball of yarn. There’s a slight shift in the colour changes, but not noticeable. I also tried to match the single crochets to the trebles above it, but there were times when it didn’t, even though the count was correct. So I just went ahead with the row. You may notice that the waves don’t match, if you look closely.
When joining the two ends together, I used the same single crochet in back loop only. It added an extra ridge to the pattern stitch sequence, which I think doesn’t look too bad.
Really pleased with the way this has turned out. Now, if only my other ‘improvised and modified’ projects would work out so well!