A flash of inspiration and it’s finally working out ….
My sister had asked for a purple cowl, so I had started to make one, with a beautiful Malabrigo Jacinto.
But I didn’t like how it was turning out, so it was frogged and the yarn rewound for another inspiration.
Then I found a Cascade Italian Plum … a deeper purple, which is actually more to my sister’s liking.
And then of course the search for the right pattern for it. I wanted a bit of a lacy effect, because I found it too dark for dense stitches. I ended up with a variation of the brioche stitch. Casting on an odd number (I casted on 35 for this cowl), I just knitted one, yo, k2 together all the way to the end. Knit the last two stitches together. Turn, and repeat the same row. That’s it.
I thought that the rows would produce a honeycomb-like effect, but it came out as columns instead. It wasn’t looking bad, anyway, so I’m continuing with the pattern. This has come out with a nubby effect, which has a nice feel to it, so I’m imagining that would feel nice as well when worn around your neck.
And lessons learned as well … the right size needle for the yarn weight and type does make a difference. And it helps that the pattern suits the yarn as well.
Happy knitting, all !