The end-of-year festivities and deadlines are coming up soon. The Special Olympics Scarf Project is heating up, in between the holiday crafting. Here’s the latest update on the project.
* SO Iowa is the first state to reach its goal. They received 630 items, more than they requested for. If you have completed items for SO Iowa, please don’t send them in. You can donate it to another charity of your choice.
Or, you can hold on to it and send it in for SO Oklahoma 2016. Their colours are crimson and white/aran. The claret is a close match – a little darker, maybe, but mixed up with all the others, I don’t think it’ll be noticeable.
* SO Arkansas needs 455 more headbands/earwarmers by 1 December 2014. They’re up to 845, as of the last update.
* SO Tennessee needs 72 more headbands/earwarmers by 15 December 2014. They’re up to 128 as of the last update.
* SO Kansas is now accepting hats/beanies.
* SO Texas is now accepting hats/headbands/earwarmers.
* SO Utah is still on hold; they will probably announce by late December 2014 if they’re continuing with this or not.
Updated information on the SO 2015 Scarf Project can be found here.
And to help inspire you, here’s what the talented and creative crafters have been making for the Scarf Project. Come on over and join us; the fun is just beginning.