The featured pattern for our group (Knit and Crochet for a Cause) is the houndstooth.
Perfect for practising the weaving pattern on the loom. And slowly, one by one, I’ve been working on the pattern on the loom. This is what I have come up with over the summer.
After several scarves in the 2L 2D pattern, I wanted to try working on one with bigger ‘houndsteeth’. So I tried doubling the colour strands on the warp – the red and white one. It didn’t work. It just made it thicker, or denser, but not bigger. Well, it kind of elongated it too. lol
Then I thought maybe a 4L 4D pattern, with a 2×2 on the weft would make a bigger houndstooth. It didn’t work either. Those are the orange/green/purple and black ones. It sort of looks like a houndstooth, but it isn’t really.
After the fourth time of experimenting with the pattern, I got tired of it and mixed it up now with other combinations. This blue and white started out with the squares pattern, then evolved into a clasped weft instead.
*sigh* So I’ll continue with my experiments. I asked in the weaving forums, and it seems that I need another heddle, or two, or three, and pick-up sticks (for a 2-shaft RH) to get the correct houndstooth pattern. That’s ok … for now, I’ll stick to the 2×2 and practise some more, this time with different colour combinations …
That should keep me busy …