I finally finished the cowl poncho capelet, made with the Caron Cakes in Red Velvet, and got my office colleague to model it … after which she walked off with it! lol I thought she might like this.
I fell in love with the Red Velvet colours when I saw the ball of yarn, and it didn’t turn out too bad worked into a project. As I’ve said before, the Caron Cakes work well with round patterns and designs, and you don’t notice the colour changes too much.
And since this is a new pattern that I’m obsessed with, I’ve already started another one, but this time in thinner yarn. This one is not draping as much as I want it to. Maybe it was because the increases were too gradual, so it didn’t drape or make too many folds. And maybe a bigger size hook would be better.
And as usual, I started off following a pattern, then branched off and tweaked instead. Maybe I should have stuck with the pattern, because now I think the stitches and pattern are too ‘solid’ – not as lacy (which would help the drapiness and make folds in the cape).
Not too bad for an experiment. I’m already halfway through the other colourway – Cookies and Cream – so I’ll change the stitches of that one to a more lacy pattern, with a bigger hook, and maybe that one will drape better.
Can’t wait to start the weekend for more experiments!
Good weekend, all!