We’re in the last weeks of the scarf project for the Special Olympics.
These are the last states with deadlines through 8 March. If you’re making any scarves for these states, please mail them in now so that they’ll get them in time for their games.
* SO Vermont – 22 February
* SO Washington – 22 February
* SO Colorado – 25 February
* SO Alaska – 1 March
* SO South Dakota – 1 March
* SO Utah – 8 March
* Two states will continue to collect scarves throughout the year for their games next year.
SO Arkansas – colours are RH Cherry Red and Grey Heather.
SO Oklahoma – colours ar RH Cherry Red and Black.
* SO South Dakota just wrote in and said they have about 400 scarves.
* No updated numbers received from the other state programs. They’ll be posted as we get them, but I think it’s safe to say that their goals will not be met by the deadline dates.
* Some state programs have indicated that they will continue the project for next year. They will decide on the colours sometime in the summer or early fall (hopefully earlier).
We did well, considering the late start and a handful of crafters, compared to the 10,000-plus when this was being coordinated by the Special Olympics organization for the previous three years. I’m sure that for next year’s projects we’ll be better prepared to meet their goals … and hopefully there’ll be more state programs participating. I say that with some trepidation, because as much as it would be good if more states participated in the project, that means the total number of scarves to make also goes up …
We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it. In the meantime, come on over and join us. Click on the links to the Facebook and Ravelry groups. We’ll be working on one or two smaller causes in the meantime.