Several years ago, I made a bucket list of what I wanted to make. The original post came up as a related post, so I decided to see what I’ve actually done. I could actually strike some items off the list – wow!
So, revising the bucket list … Here is what was on my original bucket lists, and how I’ve done …
1) Entrelac – learn how to knit and crochet entrelac correctly – nope, not yet. I’m still doing the biased basketweave pattern. Will remain on the list.
2) Granny Squares with a Zigzag Twist – nope, not yet. Will remain on the list.
3) Apache Teardrops – nope. Having second thoughts on whether I still like this.
4) A hexagon project – Yes !!! The African Violets ! I still want to add to it, to make it bigger.
5) The Cathedral Rose Window Afghan – Stained Glass Afghan – Kaleidoscope Afghan – Nope. Will remain on the list.
6) Kitchener stitch and seamless grafting – nope. I’ve sort of figured out a way to join seamlessly, but this will remain on the list.
7) A lacy beach coverup – yes ! Here’s the post and another one, if you want to read all about it. And one already in progress 🙂
8) A fine-lace/fingering weight project. Yes! I’ve worked more and more with fingering weight yarn. I do have hanks of lace in the stash, but haven’t started anything with that yet. And while this is not quite a fine lace project, there is ‘lace’ in the title – does that count? Hawaiian Lace
and Busco Gancho Lace
9) A Japanese pattern – any pattern. Nope – will remain on the list.
10) A woven blanket made with the Cricket loom. Yes !! And am planning on starting another one, before I forget how to use the loom and weave. This 5-panel blanket had me woven out, after I finished working on it.
11) Mandala Crochet Coat
– nope. But will definitely remain on the list, since I’m drawing a lot of mandalas, anyway. One of those designs will end up as a coat, since I now have the basics on how to crochet a coat or jacket 🙂 Oh yes, although not a mandala, I did crochet two coats last year! Yaaayyy!!
Not originally on the list, but I added ponchos to my mental list, even though I think at some point I said I wasn’t going to make those.
Surprisingly, I don’t have any new major thing to add … Just more ideas to make the same things with different yarns or patterns, like the coat, beach cover-ups, and woven blankets.
But the year is young … something may come up yet! 🙂
Do you have a crafty bucket list? How are you doing with it?