Here’s the results of my phase on beach cover-ups … sorry for the dark and blurry pics, but I couldn’t wait for daylight to take pics …
This pattern is based on the Asos crochet tunic. Never heard of it, but apparently it’s been quite popular. The pattern that I found is a reverse-engineered version. I had to fiddle with the pattern and experiment, because there were some steps missing in the pattern or I didn’t quite understand what it was saying , and I had to frog several times. In the end, I just used the basic pattern and winged it. Other than the tunic being way bigger and wider than I wanted – which you can’t really see from the picture – it’s turned out quite nice.
Since this was more of an experiment, and now that I knew the basics of the pattern, I started another one. Yes, I can get obsessed with a pattern, making several items based on the pattern in different colours or sizes.
This time, I made sure to make the torso/body smaller, but I still forgot about making the sleeves narrower too. No matter, I’ll just tweak and decrease about two inches from the shoulder so that it’s not so wide. I’m almost done with this, just in time before we leave.
And I’m all set for the beach !
See you all later!